1. A few weeks ago I released a free sample pack of quirky jazzy guitar samples of my own creation. It was a lot of fun to make the pack and the attention it received around the web was great and quite surprising too. Now here comes a first track based on one of the samples from that free pack. The track called “It’s only entertainment” was produced by Roy Stoler and has just been released on his soundcloud. Have a listen -
2. German software company Ableton has finally announced the long awaited update to their incredibly popular software called LIVE. Live 9 comes after quite a few years of Live 8 being one of the most popular software for new musicians, DJs and instrumentalists. As an Ableton fan and a user of live since version 6, I’m excited about the new announcement and can’t wait to get my hands on the new version. Check out some new features of Live 9 -
and the new controller called “Push” which was also announced today.
3. The Drum Machine is a project (And a lifestyle created by the incredible drummer Oded Kafri. I have had the privilege to work with Kafri over the past year and see him develop his solo act using his Mapex drum kit and Ableton as his controller.
I produced a lot of tracks for him and an EP entitled “Street Life” and helped him promote his project on every aspect possible. In the past year he has also become a Youtube phenomenon with over 1.2m views of his crazy drumming videos. His latest promo film will be released in the next few days and posted here, but in the mean time here is one of his most popular videos (443K) playing a street session on Liverpool street in London.
4. A new discovery I made through the Guardian app on Spotify. It is the singer Martha Tilston, with a voice and melodies which remind me of Joni Mitchel and other 60′s folk artists. Her latest album entitled “Machines of love and grace” is up on Spotify and probably all of the other outlets out there on the web. I think she sounds great and enjoying her music, it’s old and new and fresh and is perfect for me at the moment.
Here is her song Stagg Bellow -
5. Oh and lastly, If you haven’t heard Yuvi Gerstein’s latest remix for Method Man as part of the RZA new film, The man with the iron fists, check it out right here.Please press that LIKE button on Facebook.